BGC Active offers health and wellness services through youth sports leagues at our Clubs. The cornerstone of this initiative is our Youth Basketball League, which has been an integral part of our community for over 40 years. The goal for our leagues is to teach all participants the fundamentals of basketball, sportsmanship, and teamwork.
Our co-ed Youth Basketball Leagues are open to both Club members and community residents in kindergarten through 8th grade. Teams are organized by age group and hold one practice and one game per week.
It was a great season watching my team improve and have fun along the way.
-Tom, Club Parent and Volunteer Basketball Coach
BGC Active Hoops Winter League
Season: November 25, 2019 through February 14, 2020
Practices: Team assigned to Saturday or Sunday time slot
Divisions (grade) / Location(s) / Game Days:
- Trainees (Kinder) / Costa Mesa or Newport Beach / Tuesdays
- Rookies (1st) / Costa Mesa or Newport Beach / Wednesdays
- Recruits (2nd) / Costa Mesa or Newport Beach / Thursdays
- Pros (3rd) / Costa Mesa / Mondays
- Experts (4th-5th) / Costa Mesa / Tuesdays or Wednesdays
- Masters (6th-8th) / Newport Beach / Mondays
Coaches needed! For more information or to become a volunteer coach, email [email protected].
Mark your calendar! Summer League enrollment will be open May 1 through June 1, 2020.
BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF COSTA MESA
Argyros Center for Opportunity
2131 Tustin Avenue
Costa Mesa, CA 92627
BOYS & GIRLS CLUB OF NEWPORT BEACH
2555 Vista Del Oro
Newport Beach, CA 92660